Job ID 1043
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
At Carriage Services, we are committed to being the most professional, ethical, and highest quality funeral and cemetery service organization in our industry. With more than 200 funeral homes and cemeteries located throughout the United States, we are focused on continuing our growth trajectory by adding an energetic, bright, collaborative individual to join our Company.
We are looking for a Data Architect to join our IT team. Carriage Services is in the process of a digital transformation, a key component of that transformation is the data architecture.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is both technical and a “people person” looking to join a company with a passion for people and significant opportunity for growth. Key components of this opportunity include:
- Work closely with IT leadership and Cloud/Solution Architects to design and develop the hybrid data architecture of Carriage Services.
- Work with clients and key stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities and present solutions to leadership.
- Oversee the development of data products and pipelines as well as the analysis and reporting of progress to leadership.
· Oversee the design and execution of data migration/system integration from existing Case Management/ERP to new cloud platform.
What You Need (Minimum Education and/or Work Experience Requirements):
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or Information Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
· Minimum 5 years of experience encompassing data engineering, software development and/or database administration.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Data Architecture role.
- Expert SQL scripting skills and proficiency in an ancillary data language such as Python.
- Expert understanding of the full Azure Data Stack and related security concepts and best practices.
- Expert in data modeling, analysis and reporting (PowerBI).
- Experience with large scale systems integration.
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology as it relates to the CI/CD of data pipelines and data products.
- Ability to work with large teams.
- Proficiency in the use of analytic tools (Azure DevOps, PowerBI, JIRA or comparable tools)
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations to IT leadership. This includes defining, monitoring, and reporting KPIs and other metrics.
- Ability to be a self-starter and resolve issues with minimal supervision.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritizes tasks, and exercise good judgment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate complex problems and solutions/recommendations.
- Willingness to learn new systems and technology.
· Monday – Friday
· 401(k) matching
· Medical insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement
· Employee assistance program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $160,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location