Job ID 1064
Qualifications Licensed Professional
At Carriage Services we believe in the concept of “First Who, Then What.” We have learned that leaders, who attract and surround themselves with the best people, achieve great things. Carriage Services is not for everyone. We believe in the Four E’s of Leadership—Energy, Energize, Edge, and Execute. Our high performance culture is demanding. If you can compete at this level, then our Company is for you!
The Embalmer is responsible for the preparation and presentation of the deceased to ensure that the expectations of our client families and their guests are exceeded and performs the following job duties:
· Prepares and embalms the deceased for interment, cremation, or other disposition in conformity with legal requirements and with the utmost respect and dignity.
· Properly and safely utilizes embalming instruments and machinery in accordance with company guidelines.
· Dresses, applies cosmetics, and performs casketing duties.
· Places remains in visitation room and sets up room to comply with client family wishes.
· Prepares deceased for transportation as needed.
· Answers questions and assists with serving the needs of client families.
· Ensures proper paperwork, including permits, logs, identification tags, and certificates are completed accurately and timely and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
· Utilizes personal protective equipment and adheres to relevant operational and safety procedures.
· Stocks and cleans preparation room and refrigeration unit.
· Works on-call/ first call, as needed.
· Instructs and oversees work of Apprentice Embalmers on cases and paperwork.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· College degree or some college.
· 2 years of experience as a licensed Embalmer.
· Valid Embalmer’s license – Valid Funeral Director’s License highly preferred.
· Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
· High degree of overall computer proficiency.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $32.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location