Job ID 1036
Qualifications No degree Required
The Ambassador performs a variety of tasks during the funeral and memorialization process and assists Funeral Directors and other location staff to ensure services run smoothly and that the expectations of our client families and their guests are exceeded.
- Actively serves as an ambassador of the business in the community to build trust and loyalty.
- Greets and directs client families and their guests at the funeral home.
- Escorts client families and their guests to the correct chapel or parlor in which services are being held.
- Directs visitors to guest book and distributes memorialization materials as needed.
- Answers questions and assists with serving the needs of the client families, their guests, and other visitors during the visitation and memorialization event.
- Represents the business in a professional and caring manner, maintaining a professional personal appearance and employing honesty, integrity, and ethical methods of performing duties.
- Receives and places flowers in chapels or parlors.
- Ensures refreshments are available to client families and their guests.
- Ensures that public spaces such as parlors, chapels, and reception/rest areas are prepared prior to scheduled services.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in growing market share through personal community involvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to empathize with client families and their guests and demonstrate tact and patience in emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to actively respond to the requests of the client families and their guests.
Carriage Services is a leading provider of professional funeral and cemetery services and products in the United States. Headquartered in the vital, thriving city of Houston, Texas, Carriage is reaching out to care for families in diverse communities throughout the country. Carriage Services is changing the face of the funeral and cemetery industry in the United States. We invite you to be a part of this sweeping change. Carriage Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Corpus Christi, TX 78412: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location