Job ID 1254
Qualifications Licensed Professional
At Carriage Services we believe in the concept of “First Who, Then What.” We have learned that leaders, who attract and surround themselves with the best people, achieve great things. Carriage Services is not for everyone. We believe in the Four E’s of Leadership—Energy, Energize, Edge, and Execute. Our high performance culture is demanding. If you can compete at this level, then our Company is for you!
We are looking for a Prep Room Manager @ Lombardo Funeral Home
The Embalmer Supervisor is accountable for the overall supervision of the business’s embalming needs and is responsible for the preparation and presentation of the deceased to ensure that the expectations of our client families and their guests are exceeded and performs the following job duties:
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· College degree or some college.
· 5 years of experience as a licensed Embalmer.
· Valid Embalmer’s license – dual licensed preferred, but not mandatory
· Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
· Demonstrated willingness to participate in growing market share through personal community involvement.
· Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, community leaders, and grieving client families.
· Ability to empathize with client families/ guests and demonstrate tact and patience in emotionally charged situations.
· Ability to actively listen to the needs of client families.
· Attention to detail and follow-through.
· Tactful and professional behavior when dealing with complaints or dissatisfaction with services or merchandise.
Supervises day to day activities and schedules of embalming staff.
· Selects employees and manages employee performance, including annual reviews, disciplinary action, and termination, when necessary.
· Ensures all employees are properly trained on company procedures, safety, and equipment as it pertains to embalming and the prep room.
· Prepares and embalms decedents for interment, cremation, or other disposition in conformity with legal requirements and with the utmost respect and dignity.
· Properly and safely utilizes embalming instruments and machinery in accordance with company guidelines.
· Dresses, applies cosmetics, and performs casketing duties.
· Places remains in visitation room and sets up room to comply with client family wishes.
· Prepares deceased for transportation as needed.
· Answers questions and assists with serving the needs of client families.
· Ensures proper paperwork, including permits, logs, identification tags, and certificates are completed accurately and timely and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
· Utilizes personal protective equipment and adheres to relevant operational and safety procedures.
· Stocks and cleans preparation room and refrigeration unit.
· Works on-call/ first call, as needed.
· Instructs and oversees work of Apprentice Embalmers on cases and paperwork.
From $50,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Amherst, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Embalmer: 5 years (Preferred)
Embalmer’s license (Required)