Job ID 983
Qualifications No degree Required
The Cemetery grounds maintenance role is responsible for assisting in the interment of decedents and the overall physical appearance and condition of the grounds and facilities by performing a wide variety of tasks and duties, including the following:
· Receives and executes daily work orders in a timely manner.
· Completes preparation and closure of interment site in a timely manner and in agreement with client family expectations and policies and procedures of the individual businesses.
· Installs, restores, and/or resets markers and monuments in accordance with work orders and company guidelines and state regulations.
· Receives and executes daily assignments to maintain grounds, paths, and driveways according to weather and cemetery’s maintenance schedule.
· Picks up and disposes of trash and litter from grounds.
· Performs minor maintenance, lubrication, and cleaning of power equipment. Refers more serious problems to a mechanic.
· May be required to assist in loading and unloading of supplies, equipment, and/or merchandise.
· Identifies and remedies all hazards at location and on grounds.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to show respect and sensitivity toward client families while working in a physically demanding environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
· Be able to perform in an outdoor setting with extreme temperatures.
· Outdoor duties may subject the employee to natural elements, such as inclement weather, extreme temperatures, uneven ground, dust, gas, and/or fumes.
· Ability work around heavy equipment and excessive noise frequently and possess sufficient strength and manual dexterity to operate power equipment.
· Must be willing to work safely and comply with the Company’s safety procedures, including wearing any personal protective equipment that may be required.
· Regularly required to climb, sit, stand, bend, kneel, and frequently lift up to 75 pounds.
· This position may also require power reaching, pushing, and pulling and may be exposed to chemicals and/or blood borne pathogens.
· Can drive a company vehicle and maintain a good driving record and must be insurable under company vehicle insurance.
· Overtime is sometimes necessary or required
- Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Corpus Christi, TX 78412: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location