Job ID 1263
Experience Senior Level
Qualifications Licensed Professional
At Carriage Services we believe in the concept of “First Who, Then What.” We have learned that leaders, who attract and surround themselves with the best people, achieve great things. We believe in the Four E’s of Leadership—Energy, Energize, Edge, and Execute.
We are looking for a Managing Partner (Funeral Home Manager) who will oversee, direct, and coordinate all aspects of memorial services entrusted to our Oakmont Memorial Park & Mortuary location which include preparation of the decedent, visitation, memorial services, burials, and cremations, while providing caring support and advice to families and friends of the deceased.
· 5+ years’ experience in funeral home and cemetery management and leadership;
· 2 years of college or vocational school required with coursework in mortuary science;
· Licensed according to state requirements;
· Understanding of laws related to funerals and funeral arrangements;
· Detail-oriented and extremely organized; and
· Must be able to lift heavy weights at times.
· Oversees the job performance and schedules of Embalmers, Funeral Directors, Assistants and location staff;
· Meets with family/friends of the deceased to discuss the nature and time of funeral arrangements to be conducted while providing knowledgeable and caring support;
· Addresses and explains the costs of the funeral with family/friends of the deceased while tactfully discuss the options and preference for disposition of the remains;
· Coordinates the transfer of the deceased to the funeral home;
· Oversees the embalming process;
· Provides instructions to the Funeral Director and Funeral Assistants regarding times, rooms, and arrangements to be made;
· Schedules clergy and pallbearers, answering any questions about their specific duties;
· Makes arrangements with cemeteries for scheduling, opening, and closing of facilities and gravesites, when needed;
· Oversees the issuance of death notices, obituaries, and related paperwork to government agencies and preferred newspapers or other appropriate media;
· Ensures paperwork is filed in a timely and orderly manner, consulting with family to obtain accurate and necessary information for completion; and
· Develops and maintains budget and financial records for the funeral home;
Carriage Services is a leading provider in death care in the United States and is changing the face of the funeral and cemetery industry. We invite you to be a part of this sweeping change. Carriage Services is an equal opportunity employer.
$65,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Lafayette, CA 94549: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Funeral Home and/or Cemetery Management: 5 years (Preferred)
Funeral Director and/or Embalmer License (Required)