Job ID 1053
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The Sales Consultant is accountable for assisting families in making cemetery arrangements & funeral services through the selection and purchase of cemetery property, funeral options, merchandise, and services on at-need or pre-need basis, ensuring the expectations of client families and their guests are exceeded.
· Meets with client families on a pre-need/at-need basis to ensure that they are presented with all options pertaining to interment, cemetery property, and related merchandise and services.
· Establishes a professional relationship with client families to ensure that all needs are being met.
· Represents the company in a professional and caring manner, maintaining a professional personal appearance and employing honesty, integrity, and ethical methods of performing duties.
· Provides tours and guides families that visit the cemetery to lot locations.
· Attends services and visitations for client families whenever possible to foster relationships, ensures excellent service, and develops potential referrals.
· Completes required paperwork, insures proper interment verification process, and conducts blind checks, ensuring compliance with all relevant state and industry regulations and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Is responsible for adhering to pricing structures, completing all paperwork accurately and timely, and for submitting all contracts, required documents, and payments to the business office within required deadlines.
· Develops new prospects and community-based contacts.
· Makes presentations at the business location, at client family homes, and at public community events highlighting merchandise, services, and the benefits of pre-need arranging.
· Maintains positive and proactive communication and cooperation with all funeral homes, departments, and team members to ensure a smooth service process for the family.
· Actively participates in all required location and company training initiatives.
· Reports all progress to the Sales Manager (or Unit Leader) as directed, completing and submitting all required reports in a timely manner.
· Schedules and conducts aftercare appointments to ensure client family satisfaction and obtain referrals.
· Consistently meets or exceeds company standards in revenue generation in order to maintain employment and benefits eligibility status.
· Complies with all company procedures for customer service when dealing with families, handling complaints, completing post-interment service activities, and performing other duties necessary to ensure quality service levels.
· Protects confidentiality of company and client family information, including sales and marketing programs and materials, names and addresses of client families and employees, and other related information.
· Identifies and remedies all hazards at location and on grounds.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· College degree or some college preferred.
· Proven track record of success in inside sales production strongly preferred.
· May require the possession (or ability to obtain) an insurance license as required by applicable law.
· Valid state-issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
· Basic overall computer proficiency.
· Ability to read and interpret company policies, procedures, contracts, insurance documents, and pricing structures or lists.
· Ability to effectively present information to client families, co-workers, and leadership.
· Ability to effectively work and develop sales leads and referrals from recognized sources and approved methods.
· Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission, markup, and selling price; and ability to calculate surfaces.
· Ability to effectively utilize all sales training and techniques to fulfill production requirements.
· Effective and professional communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal skills and the ability to resolve and respond to issues in a professional manner
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $56,151.00 – $82,983.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Highlands, TX 77562: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Insurance Producer License (Preferred)
- Life Insurance License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location