At Carriage Services we believe in the concept of “First Who, Then What.” We have learned that leaders, who attract and surround themselves with the best people, achieve great things. We believe in the Four E’s of Leadership—Energy, Energize, Edge, and Execute.
Carriage Services is unique in that it manages a sizeable investment portfolio for funeral and cemetery trusts. We are looking for a professional with expertise and technical knowledge of trusts, an understanding of investment management, knowledge of tax considerations, and familiarity with the internal policies and procedures of a bank trust department. Knowledge of funeral and cemetery preneed law and contract record keeping is beneficial but not required. This position is responsible for proactive account management including trust set up, investment performance review, all investment-related financial reporting, and ongoing support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or other business-related field; MBA or CFA a plus;
- Minimum 5 years experience in finance, investment and/or corporate banking;
- Advanced knowledge of finance and accounting; strong financial modeling and use of MS Excel;
- Experience with ERP systems, investment management tools, financial systems implementations;
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including working closely with senior-level business partners; and
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Lead trust investment reporting efforts, preparation and maintenance of routine deliverables that include financial models, analyses, and monitoring trends to identify areas of risk-opportunity;
- Manage financial operating activities, fund accounting, investment accrual reporting, cash-flow analysis, redemptions and subscriptions, trade journals, change in net asset values on a monthly basis;
- Review and process shareholder reports and SEC filings/GAAP financials for the fund including annual reports on Form 10-Q/K, press release information, board materials and performance reporting for the investment portfolio;
- Review and analyze net asset value and distributions of fund income and gains/losses to ensure accuracy of valuation of the fund and investment transaction;
- Coordinate the annual reporting of the fund and oversee the trust and fund tax return filing;
- Maintain compliance standards adhering to Investment Policy guidelines, state and federal compliance policies, and industry’s regulatory standards
- Assist with ad-hoc financial analysis, modeling, and special projects.
Carriage Services is a leading provider in death care in the United States and is changing the face of the funeral and cemetery industry. We invite you to be a part of this sweeping change. Carriage Services is an equal opportunity employer.